Like you, Emily was handed crayons to keep her occupied as a child and remembers her first Prang Watercolor set. As a preteen she was obsessed with horses, since her best friend had two. So, that’s what she drew. Her first book was about the universe and then her creative side took a break until she rediscovered the creative connection in college.
While living in Grand Rapids, Emily was a member of the Grand Rapids Watercolor Society. In Houston she was a Board Member and on the Advisory Board of City ArtWorks, a non-profit art education organization and a member of The Art League of Houston. In Northern Michigan, she is a member of Artists North, Charlevoix Circle of Arts, Crooked Tree Arts Center, and The Jordan River Arts Council.
Awards: In 2008 Emily’s company, gratefulimages, was honored to receive The Total Exhibitor Award at the International Christian Retail Show in Orlando.
Grants: The Go Texan Partners Program Grant from the Texas Department of Agriculture was awarded in 2008.
- The Art League of Houston Open Show
- Women in the Visual and Literary Arts Show, Houston
- The American Made Show (The Buyers Market of American Craft), Washington DC
- The Circle of Arts “Colors” Exhibit, Charlevoix, MI
- The Jordan River Arts Council “Women: Reflect, Rejoice, Reform” Exhibit, East Jordan, MI.
Emily has been a Vendor covering the United States from San Francisco to Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando and New York City.